Some recent stats about Internet usage stats in China published by China Internet Network Information Center, or CNNIC):
- Total number of Internet users increased to 210 million, 5 million behind that of U.S.
- In early 2008, China will have the largest number of Internet users in the world.
- 52 million of users live in rural areas, transforming how farmers and peasants access information.
- 50.4 million users access Internet using mobile phones.
- 20,000 .CN domains are registered everyday.
- Entertainment has become the most important of China’s Internet applications.
- 181 million people listen to music over the Internet.
No wonder why it would be shortsighted for any major Internet company not to have a China strategy.